The freeride camp‘s focus is on learning the technique and tactic of freeriding.
- Qualified ski instructors teach you the right technique.
- You have your first experiences in vergin snow – together with your ski guide.
- Freeride camps „Basic“ take place in the whole Arlberg area.
Who can join?
But there is a minimum requirement: Participants should master parallele turning safely.
- Minimum group size: 4 people
- Maximum group size: 8 people
- Courses take place on a weekly schedule
- Camps last three days (Sunday to Tuesday).
- Safety training takes place on late Sunday afternoons. If desired you can even book extra days.
Attention: During holiday weeks (December 30th – January 5th) you can only book this camp on request in advance!
Freeriding – Safety first!
Apart from having fun skiing off the pists, we never forget the dangers that may occur in our beautiful nature. Maximum safety is therefore the prime principle in our freeride camps.
Factor of safety 1:
Qualified mountain and ski guides lead your day. According to weather forecast and avalanche warning they choose the right slopes and rides. Maximum group size: 8 people
Factor of safety 2:
Every participant has to have their own personal safety equipment (helmet, avalanche transceiver, shovel, avalanche probe) and optains a thourough introduction in using the equipment.
Factor of safety 3:
The latest BCA-system has enormously improved the safety. Airbags help to stay on the surface of an avalanche or help to avoid a deep burial in snow masses in case of an avalanche. The chance of surviving an avalanche raises up to more than 90%.